My O.T. Memorial Day Tribute
Memorial Day is that significant holiday in America where our fallen veterans are remembered. The sacrifice of those who served our country when I stop to think about it is makes me proud to be an American (don’t worry, I won’t break into song), and also is a very sobering thought of this selfless act of courage for a greater cause.
So while Memorial Day is not a topic for cartoons, and I would never draw or write anything finding humor in the tragic reality of a world at war.. I will instead share my Old Testament Memorial Day Anti-Tribute for Bible Bad Guys. There were many fallen soldiers from many battles, and from the colorful pages of these Old Testament
Battles and conflicts let me share a toon or two or so.
- Let the record show Abimilech WAS KILLED BY A WOMAN!
- Goliath was KILLED BY A BOY
- Sisera had a SPLITTING HEADACHE
- There were those caught in a STICKY WICKET
- Eglon was a king WHO WAS RUN THROUGH
- The Read Sea ‘Charioteers’ WIPED OUT was caught on Chariot-Cam
- There is the Jericho Tower Memorial remembering those fallen Castle Guards
- Remember those lost at the Jawbone Massacre
- The Assyrian Captain was killed for being a POTTY MOUTH
Once again, this is actually an anti-tribute and reminder to those who served on the wrong side of Old Testament battles.
Happy is the Nation who’s God is the Lord! While war is a horrible reality of this fallen world blessed are those who serve God and our countries protecting our freedom. Thank you God for those who honor you and country while putting their lives in harms way.